Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimoting with two screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tenbandequalizer

Hello!

I'm really curious about basic development of channels with Dolphin. I had a wild idea over the weekend and I want to see if I would be able to implement it. It may not require Dolphin, but I have noticed that Dolphin solves one problem that I currently have, and it might give me some ideas on how to implement what I want.

Basically, I use two monitors, two keyboards, and one mouse- all connected to one PC. Generally I use my PCs TV Tuner on the main screen (using Windows Media Player but seriously looking for an alternative) and use the secondary screen for everything else. The biggest problem I have is the mouse of course... some programs don't behave properly when the mouse isn't where it's supposed to be, and if my friend is watching TV, she has to use the mouse (and the IR receiver that works with Windows Media Player basically hijacks the mouse :<

That's when it came to me. The Wiimote can emulate a mouse, but within the Dolphin environment, it's completely standalone. So, I'm looking for a program that can use a Wiimote / IR signal as a mouse independently (or... Dolphin?) on the main screen and allow the secondary screen to be accessed via keyboard / mouse. I was hoping someone already came up with this idea. Perhaps there is even a TV tuner that can connect to a wiimote (but does not emulate the mouse... Windows doesn't function well with two mice).

What are the chances that this could be done with Dolphin? Perhaps it could be taken beyond the TV tuner (I realize that there may be little to no way for Dolphin to access a TV Tuner), with user created channels.

Hopefully I've made sense as to what I'm looking for, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that have been cursing over how Windows (and some programs) handle dual monitor support.
Use GlovePIE and search for a mouse script (you'll find a lot in web)...
Great ideas there but I think people have already done what you want to do. Basicly, a wii mote to a PC is just like any other Joysticks, correct me if im wrong
At least on Windows, it'll be recognized as a HID bluetooth joystick but none of the buttons will respond. That is where GlovePIE enters, allowing mapping Wiimote to standard keyboard/mouse/gamepad devices...