Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Rollercoaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last day i updated my dolphin to rev 3903. Then i noticed that brawl emu state right now is like a rollercoaster. Yep.

Why?

I'll explain

If you use the same settings, everything right
You will see that you will see brawl become slow... and faster slow faster...

I play with 4 characters in Delfino Plaza and i have full speed and sometimes it becomes very faster!
I play with 2 characters in pictochat and in a custom stage and i have a slowdown! (only sometimes and with watchdog set to 15. 60 is only a little fps difference)

Rarely the game is unplayable because of this two problems.

1-WTF is framelimit? This s*** doesn't do anything
2-Wind Waker is a GC game. Brawl is better. Why brawl works better than Wind Waker?
3-I have this problem with SSBM, Mario Party 7 and other games.
4-...

[color=#000080]Conclusion!
The main thing that is missing to dolphin is a framelimiter compatible with all working games (or something like that)[/color]

This forum is full of "Rev ... Slowdown" "Make ... faster" etc
Time to stop with this, don't you think?
1 - Don't blame Iulius, devs broke his framelimiter a couple of revs after implementing it.
2 - Somehow Brawl works faster than many games, including Melee.
3 - ...

Custom stages in Brawl don't work faster with low watchdog, it's strange i know.
I turned on Optimize cuantizers and got some weird speed results, i preffer to leave it off for this game.

Blame the noobs for the many "slow" threads.
fine. Devs are doing a great work but fgs create a working framelimit
since watchdog builds aren't officially yet, create too a new framelimit for dolphin
There are probably some nasty hacks for SSBB integrated into the core. I wish eternal darkness and MGS:TS worked at least half as good as brawl does.
Brawl runs better because it was Optimized better.