Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running Dolphin from XBMC (Rom Collection Browser)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to launch dolphin in xbmc using the rom collection browser add-on...so far it works great for mupen64plus and vba-m. Those emulators only need to have the rom file as their only argument on the command line. In dolphin to do that I use the -b and the -e <rom> arguments. It works great outside of xbmc, but when I do this within xbmc, it still opens and starts the game, but It doesn't seem like the window is "mine". Mouse clicks and keyboard presses dont work or joysticks either. The window will not go fullscreen, even if I have "Use Fullscreen" enabled. It will make the window fullscreen but the game will remain at the windowed resolution. Has anyone had this kind of experience using xbmc? I really would like all my games to be ran from one place and not have to exit xbmc to play GC and Wii.

This is on Arch Linux 64-bit, and xbmc is being ran from within xfce environment (not standalone). I've been speculating permissions issues and have tried running dolphin instead with /usr/bin/sudo -u <user> like what I have seen on xbmc's wiki, but that has not worked. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have Steam installed .. where I launch Dolphin Games from my Media Centre and also XBMC (by adding it to the Steam List) and works fine.
Thanks? That doesn't really help at all.
I had the same problem the only fix i found is to launch dolphin-emu via a terminal.
For example set /usr/bin/xterm as command and "-e dolphin-emu -e <rom> -b" as command line option.
Enable background input in GCPad/Emulated Wiimote configuration and enable "Render to main window" in Graphics config, that should work...
(11-27-2013, 03:04 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Enable background input in GCPad/Emulated Wiimote configuration and enable "Render to main window" in Graphics config, that should work...
No it doesnt I try every possible setting. The only way is to launch dolphin via a terminal.