Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slowdowns about some effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Informatigeek

Hi everybody Shy ,

I want firstly to thanks all developpers and contributors to build this wonderful project. It will help to save old games.

To run Dolphin, I have this configuration :
- Windows x64
- Intel i3-2120 3.3Ghz (two cores and 2 threads/core)
- Nvidia GeForce GT630

I have some slowdowns with some games like Super Mario Bros WII (in water levels) and Mario Party 6 and Super Mario Sunshine (with sun effects when, for instance, i see the sun).

Do I have to change some defaults settings in the emulator ?
Do I have to upgrade my CPU or graphic card ?

Thank you very much for your answers.
In a friendly manner
Settings?
(10-20-2013, 11:13 PM)Informatigeek Wrote: [ -> ]Do I have to upgrade my CPU or graphic card ?

Both
Are you sure Mario Party 6 is slowing down? It´s lightweight, it shouldn´t be giving problems.

Informatigeek

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your answers.

@ExtremeDude2 : I attach my config used to play my games

@DJBarry004 : Yes. When, for instance, I want to see all the board games, I have slow downs and in the minigame, when Mario friends fight in a bubble, I have slowdowns because of water effects.

Thank you again for your answers
Have you tried to play with the laptop plugged in and in High Performance mode in Windows?
Check your CPU and GPU temperatures while running dolphin.

Informatigeek

Hi everybody,

I check my PC's temperature and it's great.

From DJBarry004 :
Quote: Have you tried to play with the laptop plugged in and in High Performance mode in Windows?
Woooow ! It does the trick.
From the same scene, when I had 45-50 fps, I have 57-60 fps with checked option.

I think I will update my graphic card in order to have 60fps for wii games. What do you think?

I have this configuration :
- Windows x64
- Intel i3-2120 3.3Ghz (two cores and 2 threads/core)
- Nvidia GeForce GT630

In a friendly manner
Maybe the 7xxGTX series?

And which Wii games?

Apart from that: Glad to help with the performance tip.Smile
Wait is this system a laptop? You listed desktop parts but said you fixed the performance issues by plugging it in.

Your cpu is your bottleneck here so that should be upgraded before the GPU.