Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PC to Laptop Game Streaming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I know this is probably going to sound something like the NVIDIA Shield thing, but it's actually something I've wondered about for a long time. This isn't something I'm looking into that would necessarily be exclusive to Dolphin, but I am interested software that would allow the streaming of a game played in Dolphin on my main computer to my Laptop in another room.

My laptop has nowhere near the power to run Dolphin as it's a few years old. Dual core, and whatnot. But still, I'd like to stream Dolphin input to the Laptop and record it. (either on the PC or laptop itself with FRAPS or ShadowPlay when it comes out, preferably with the PC)

Anybody know of such an application? Would controller input be streamable? Like connecting the controller to the laptop and playing it.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
The only software that pops-up right now is StreamMyGame. I've never used it so I can't comment on its reliability etc.
Be warned though, it has restrictions as a free user like only being able to stream at an extremely low resolution of 640x480. You'll have to pay if you want to stream at a higher resolution.

A comparison table can be found on their About page.