Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Savestate to Memcard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vainey

Hello:

Im using 3.5.367 and playing Zelda WW. I was saving my progress through memcard and savestates. From some point, the game refused to continue saving on memcard (file corrupted) so i continued saving only with savestates. I played about 10 hours more and stop playing.

Now my savestates are perfectly, but I want to have a valid memcard to save on. So I wont continue with just savestates, but whenever i try to save on memcard, I receive the same message: "Memcard is damaged".

I have tried:

1.- With no memcard file -> enter the game -> begin the game creating a new one writing my hero's name (the file is created perfectly) -> press F1 to load my state -> try to save on mem -> error
2.- I have deleted the memcard file -> enter the game -> press F1 to load my state -> try to save on mem -> error

I want a memcard file because I want to continue playing using Dolphin 4.0. I know my savestates from 3.5 are not compatible.

I have played about 15-20 hours to WW and I dont want to begin again.

Thanks.
(10-20-2013, 08:02 PM)vainey Wrote: [ -> ]Hello:

Im using 3.5.367 and playing Zelda WW. I was saving my progress through memcard and savestates. From some point, the game refused to continue saving on memcard (file corrupted) so i continued saving only with savestates. I played about 10 hours more and stop playing.

Now my savestates are perfectly, but I want to have a valid memcard to save on. So I wont continue with just savestates, but whenever i try to save on memcard, I receive the same message: "Memcard is damaged".

I have tried:

1.- With no memcard file -> enter the game -> begin the game creating a new one writing my hero's name (the file is created perfectly) -> press F1 to load my state -> try to save on mem -> error
2.- I have deleted the memcard file -> enter the game -> press F1 to load my state -> try to save on mem -> error

I want a memcard file because I want to continue playing using Dolphin 4.0. I know my savestates from 3.5 are not compatible.

I have played about 15-20 hours to WW and I dont want to begin again.

Thanks.
You shouldn't have used save states that often and when that problem arose you should have done the opposite, instead on continuing with save states you should have dropped them and continue with normal saves. Now i think there is no way to have your progress saved using a new dolphin version.

vainey

Well, I know that now. But I have played other emulators where savestates cause 0 problems. I didnt know that Dolphin has issues with them.

Remember that my savestates are working perfectly, so I'd like to "convert" one of them to an ingame save. Will I be able?
try loading your savestate
while the game is loaded
open the config options and change slot1 to nothing, than change it back to memorycard
attempt to save ingame

if that doesnt work, repeat the process but first delete the old zelda save from the memorycard before loading the game and your savestate

vainey

(10-21-2013, 05:03 AM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]if that doesnt work, repeat the process but first delete the old zelda save from the memorycard before loading the game and your savestate
This works perfectly. The game asks me if I want to create a new gamefile and yes, it creates it with no error.

After having my ingame save, I ran Dolphin 4.0 with this new save and everything went well. Now I can continue playing using ingame saves.

Thank you very much for your help.
What if the message is that it's not the original memory card so it cannot save? Where do I look for my memory card?
Forum Rules Wrote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.