Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my laptop run super mario sunshine well?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

justwanaplayagame

Does anyone know if my GPU and CPU can run Super Mario Sunshine well?
Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 @ 2.00 GHz
GPU: ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4200
RAM: 3.00 GB
I've experimented by running games like Surgeon Simulator 2013, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, and Minecraft and they all did OK.
Will my Athlon be capable of running Super Mario Sunshine at a decent speed?
The FAQ said that it'll run a few games at playable speeds.
Your laptop is very weak for Dolphin. I have a similarly configured laptop (well, my sister does to be more specific) and it doesn't run that game very well. Keep in mind that PC games are not emulators. They're two completely different programs, and how one uses your hardware's resources is going to differ from another. Modern PC games tend to emphasize the GPU whereas emulators generally emphasize the CPU. Your CPU is too weak to run the game at fullspeed, and you may find getting "acceptable" speeds to be likewise difficult.
Quote: Your CPU is too weak to run the game at fullspeed, and you may find getting "acceptable" speeds to be likewise difficult.
^ This.

With a CPU like that, you´ll probably hit no more than 85% speed (in the most lightweight parts of Super Mario Sunshine).
(10-21-2013, 01:18 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]you´ll probably hit no more than 85% speed

I'll bet on even less than that
@LordVador: 80, 75, 70% speed?
I highly doubt the laptop can run Sunshine without a lot of bad slowdowns. I myself can't run the game without it dipping into the 20~fps territory regularly, which, in my opinion, makes Sunshine terrible to play.
Mine can handle 30-ish and is way slower than the O.P.´s CPU (Athlon II @2.0 GHz vs A6-1450 @ 1.4 GHz). That´s assuming, of course, that I have High Performance enabled in Windows energy options.
(10-20-2013, 12:38 PM)justwanaplayagame Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if my GPU and CPU can run Super Mario Sunshine well?
Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300 @ 2.00 GHz
GPU: ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4200
RAM: 3.00 GB
I've experimented by running games like Surgeon Simulator 2013, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, and Minecraft and they all did OK.
Will my Athlon be capable of running Super Mario Sunshine at a decent speed?
The FAQ said that it'll run a few games at playable speeds.
You could upgrade that cpu to a Turion II Ultra. This is a link to a Turion II Ultra m640.
That still isn't going to come close to being good enough. At 2.6 GHz a turion II ultra will be equivalent at most to a 1.8-2.0 GHz core 2 duo. His only real solution is to buy a new laptop or desktop.