Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Favorite Non-Nintendo Console?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mine has to be the PS2. It had so many exclusives, plus it had the ability to play classic PS1 titles with a texture filter option. What's your favorite Non-Nintendo console? Post what it is and why it is your fave.Smile

BTW - Handhelds and PCs count, too.
Dreamcast
(10-20-2013, 08:36 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]Dreamcast
Wow, quick response Big Grin
I ususally like PCs with Celeron processors. I have found in them that can be overclocked pretty much, having in result a better performance.
(10-20-2013, 08:56 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]I ususally like PCs with Celeron processors. I have found in them that can be overclocked pretty much, having in result a better performance.
Yeah, I agree. I think some people just don't understand how powerful a Celeron can get with a heavy overclock. A dual-core one at 1.6 GHz can be overclocked to around 2.3 GHz, and with that, you can play lots of games with low-mid settings.

This might have potential to become a popular thread (yay) Big Grin
I left 2-star rating.

I´m helpin my cousing to overclock their PCs (that have Celeron CPUs), one has a base clock of 1.7 GHz and the other 1.3 GHz. I´m hoping to make them hit at least 2.85 GHz so they can have better experience playing games.
I'm torn between the Genesis and the PS2. Nothing beats the summers I spent playing games like Sonic The Hedgehog, Rocket Knight, or the Shinobi series. But the PS2 was my RPG machine back in the day. Not only did it play the plethora of RPGs from the 6th gen (Star Ocean 3, Tales of the Abyss, Disgaea), it also replaced our original PS1 outright and it still had great RPGs (Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Cross, Star Ocean 2). I'm inclined to lean towards the PS2, since Sonic Mega Collection came out for it (and I own it too) Big Grin Also, enjoyed the MGS 2 & 3 quite a bit on the PS2.

Third runner up with be the PSP. Again, it's got great RPGs and it's got two Metal Gear games to boot.
I'm torn as well. If i had to choose it would either be my psp or my xbox original(both jailbroke) because I loved halo and loved having my favorite ps2 games on the go. Plus after I jailbroke them having the HUGE homebrew scene of the psp was awesome. I also loved playing my gba games on my tv with my xbox because I didn't have a gbaplayer for my gamecube. Also the ps2 is a runner up.
PS2. Definitely
Wiigeek336 Wrote:BTW - Handhelds and PCs count, too.

I wouldn't count those since they aren't technically home consoles which makes this kind of unfair. But if that's the case I choose PC. As for home consoles it's really too hard to choose. The dreamcast, genesis, ps1, and ps2 all have games that I absolutely love to death.

DJBarry004 Wrote:I left 2-star rating.

Who cares?

DJBarry004 Wrote:I´m helpin my cousing to overclock their PCs (that have Celeron CPUs), one has a base clock of 1.7 GHz and the other 1.3 GHz. I´m hoping to make them hit at least 2.85 GHz so they can have better experience playing games.

OCing a 1.3GHz cpu to 2.85 GHz is nearly impossible without liquid nitrogen. OCing a 1.7GHz cpu to 2.85GHz is doable but extremely difficult on air cooling. I'm doubtful either cpu will be able to hit that speed and remain stable.
Pages: 1 2