Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direct3D not working on GT650M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to run Super Smash Bros. Brawl on my laptop which has Intel HD 4000 and nVidia GT650M in Optimus mode. The catch is when I use Direct3D renderer with 650M, it shows a message - "Failed to enumerate outputs" and then crashes. The thing that adds to my worry is that D3D works with HD4000, although it is very slow.

Another thing is that the game is launching with 650M if I use OpenGL renderer, although the text in yellow at launch suggests that Video Card is HD4000. And moreover, it inevitably crashes a second into intro movie...

I'm sure I have all the latest drivers and redists as I am playing other games on this laptop with quite ease.
Select the first adapter in the graphics configuration, that one should work. It might say "Intel", but it really will actually be using your discrete GPU. I haven't got any response from the NV guys yet, so that must be good enough for now.
I tried going by your suggestion but I am getting like ~50% FPS, making the game unplayable. I think I'll wait for a fix... Sad
Just force the nVidia GPU through nVidia Control Panel and run Dolphin... Even if it say "Intel HD Graphics", it'll be using the discrete GPU...
^This XD