Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emulator Save help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hyperlonk505

Okay, so im playing tales of symphonia on dolphin 4.0. My problem is, my pc at home doesn't meet the requirements to play the game at full speed, so I copied the game into a hard drive and I play it somewhere else. My problem is, everytime I save it, it does so on the computer's default save location (C: users .....) and so, everytime i come back and play again on a different pc, all my save files won't be there because it's saved on another pc. And so i was wondering, if i can change the save path or the memory card to my hard drive so I can just play anywhere, anytime so i wont have to start all over again? Thanks guys!
(10-16-2013, 11:39 AM)hyperlonk505 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so im playing tales of symphonia on dolphin 4.0. My problem is, my pc at home doesn't meet the requirements to play the game at full speed, so I copied the game into a hard drive and I play it somewhere else. My problem is, everytime I save it, it does so on the computer's default save location (C: users .....) and so, everytime i come back and play again on a different pc, all my save files won't be there because it's saved on another pc. And so i was wondering, if i can change the save path or the memory card to my hard drive so I can just play anywhere, anytime so i wont have to start all over again? Thanks guys!
Create an empty text file named portable in the directory dolphin.exe is to make the application portable.

hyperlonk505

wait, I dont get what you mean by to make the application portable. Yes, the application opens from my external hard drive and I can play with it, but the thing is, I can't save my games coz if i do, it does so on the pc's hard drive and not on my external hard drive. So i can't really load my game and i have to start all over again if i play on a different pc. Is there a solution to this? Sorry man, im just confused with your answer Big Grin

hyperlonk505

thanks man!