Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can my laptop run Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

killokid

look at my PC specs and tell me if it is good enough...
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
6GB memory
AMD Radeon HD 7640G
System Board: 1833 55.25
System Bios: F.22
Hard Drive: Hitachi HTS547564A9E384 SATA Disk Device
Audio Device 1: DaShen Audio Filter Driver (DaShen Copyright)
Audio Device 2: AMD High Definition Audio Device
Audio Device: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
It can run Dolphin. The questions are: what games and at what settings.

What games do you want to play?

What settings do you expect to get from these games (1xIR, full HD, etc)?

killokid

(10-15-2013, 05:27 AM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]It can run Dolphin. The questions are: what games and at what settings.

What games do you want to play?

What settings do you expect to get from these games (1xIR, full HD, etc)?
i want to play Xenoblade chronicles in full HD (1080p patch?), I DON'T WANT THE SOUND TO BE CONSTANTLY SKIPPING OR CRACKLING!
Depends in how strong the processor is.

Xenoblade Chronicles is way too demanding to be played at full HD in a budget like that. And if you don´t mind this and give it a try anyway, you will note that the sound is still crackling (because it´s under full speed).

Last thing: Don´t write LIKE THIS. Most people will think that you are angry with us.
Not a chance unfortunately. There are things within the realm of reason, and things that are not. Running Xenoblade at 1080 on this rig is not. Try it at 1xIR and see if you can get fullspeed. I don't think it will work.

killokid

how do i get it to at least run at full speed then? what are the best settings for it?
1- Use 1x IR.

2- Don´t use AA.

3- Use HLE audio engine instead of LLE.

4- (Experts can continue the list)...
4. Get a better goddamn computer. It doesn't need to be as ridiculous as my current PCPartPicker list (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1zoEx), but it does need to be better than what you currently have.
Why, thank you Paul.

@O.P.: Do what he said.
Use DJBarry's list of ideas there. If you can't get fullspeed at 1xIR and still want to play, give us a budget and we'll try to find something that will work for you. I put together a rig for someone that was about $550 IIRC.
Pages: 1 2