Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Change Read-only mode turned on by default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I open dolphin since the release of 4.0, I've noticed that I have to manually change the read-only mode option to "off" each time I start it up if I wish to save during that session of gameplay. Is there any way to change this permanently? I don't think I would ever want read-only mode to be turned on; what's the intended use of the feature? Thank you.
You can save while Read-only mode is enabled.
(10-14-2013, 06:11 AM)xemnas Wrote: [ -> ]You can save while Read-only mode is enabled.
Could you explain how to do this? Whenever I've done this accidentally, the next time dolphin starts up the saves are missing. Is there no way to permanently disable this, then? Thanks.
I don't know. I always leave it enabled and don't have any problems.
(10-14-2013, 06:19 AM)xemnas Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know. I always leave it enabled and don't have any problems.
Okay then, maybe it's game dependent. I know SMB1 doesn't save with this enabled, at least. It would be helpful to just remove this feature though, because it wasn't a problem in 3.5... Anyway, thank you. Does anyone else have experience with this problem?
Read-only mode is a TAS thing, why are you being affected by TAS options? Do you have movie recording enabled? Turn that off if you do.
(10-14-2013, 07:41 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Read-only mode is a TAS thing, why are you being affected by TAS options? Do you have movie recording enabled? Turn that off if you do.
I don't. I'm not sure then why it's happening. I'll test it again, to make sure the problem still exists, but if that's the case then this is strange. Thank you for telling me. I'll look into that.