Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A thank you to Devs as well as wiimote netplay question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all let me just say i know ive been a busy bee on the forums of late so i hope im not..idk being annoyance? But either way let me just say thank you so very much to the programmers,devolpers,and my fellow forum users who have helped me out so much in my dolphin journey as of late! You have allowed me to relieve so many childhood memory's,moments,and more! Moments...i really didnt think i could get again! Im ever so grateful for all your help and all the work you put into this emulator and i know its not easy but im sure it will get better as time goes on Smile With that being said the one and pretty much last question i have for now anyway is..is there any ideal time range/how long it would take for Wiimote netplay supporate to be fully functional? im only asking because (while using hamachi) I get no desync with my friends for any games that allow the option to use a gamecube controller! i.e Mario Kart Wii,SSBB,SSBM,Tenkaichi 3,Super monkey ball 2,Mario Baseball,and Super Mario Strikers! But when it comes to games like..Kirbys Return To Dreamland it desyncs :c (sadly because of said wiimote support) So i was just wondering if said devs had a time frame in mind of when they would get that working or if they had plans to? Not being pushy/rushy! Just a curious curious person c: thanks so much again and sorry if im being a wittle bug on the forum c:
I haven't tested Return to Dreamland, but I know NSMBWii works with wiimote netplay. Does it actually come up with the "Netplay has Desynced" message or is it just desyncing where as you do different things?
(10-12-2013, 06:26 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tested Return to Dreamland, but I know NSMBWii works with wiimote netplay. Does it actually come up with the "Netplay has Desynced" message or is it just desyncing where as you do different things?
Its just desyncing when we do diffrent things. It just happens randomly :o one second where playing fine and then the next we are just desynced..hes randomly walking off edges and im no where around where he is :o
(10-13-2013, 01:34 AM)thereanimetor Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2013, 06:26 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tested Return to Dreamland, but I know NSMBWii works with wiimote netplay. Does it actually come up with the "Netplay has Desynced" message or is it just desyncing where as you do different things?
Its just desyncing when we do diffrent things. It just happens randomly :o one second where playing fine and then the next we are just desynced..hes randomly walking off edges and im no where around where he is :o
Also we turned on panic handles to see and yes it says netplay desync :c
(10-13-2013, 08:21 AM)thereanimetor Wrote: [ -> ]
I'll report it to RachelB.
(10-13-2013, 04:22 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2013, 08:21 AM)thereanimetor Wrote: [ -> ]
I'll report it to RachelB.
Okay! thank you very much c:
I have a question, do you have any games that are known to work with Wiimote Netplay? Can you try games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which was recently fixed? If it's not just this game, you may have a setup error. If you can play NSMBWii no problem, then we know this game is currently incompatible. It'll help narrow it down.
(10-14-2013, 05:01 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question, do you have any games that are known to work with Wiimote Netplay? Can you try games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which was recently fixed? If it's not just this game, you may have a setup error. If you can play NSMBWii no problem, then we know this game is currently incompatible. It'll help narrow it down.
Sure! we try the game asap and i will let you know right away :3
(10-15-2013, 10:26 AM)thereanimetor Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2013, 05:01 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question, do you have any games that are known to work with Wiimote Netplay? Can you try games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which was recently fixed? If it's not just this game, you may have a setup error. If you can play NSMBWii no problem, then we know this game is currently incompatible. It'll help narrow it down.
Sure! we try the game asap and i will let you know right away :3
Okay! so we couldnt find a new super mario bros wii iso? all we found was "Newer super mario bros wii iso" its a diffrent game apparently.. we did find a Wfbs for the orignial new super mario bros wii but every time we tried to net play it it would say (GAME NOT FOUND) which was odd seeing as how we could play it solo >_< (I wonder does the game being a Wbfs file have to do with desync? because kirby is a WFBS file as well and not a ISO) anyway when we tried the Newer super mario bros wii and we still happend to desync >_< and very quickly at that >_< once again we have everything exactly the same and anything that allows a gamecube controller works fine :/
Honestly that means you're having a setup problem. Make sure you follow the improved netplay guide, all Wiimotes setup properly (if you have sideways remote on one, you need it on the other computer too!)
Pages: 1 2