Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Incapacity to create saves on Dolphin 4.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tentative

First of all I salute you, brave contributors and makers of this wonderful software, which allows us to play the games we like, when we might have lost our hardware or been in incapacity to use it. It is indeed a very useful thing, and then again I thank you.
Now for you question. I'm not really the kind, to suddenly turn up on the board, asking conspicuously everyone to help him. But if I do post my message here, it is because that, after hours of searchs and tryings, I've been in incapacity to settle the error, and having no much time before me, I'm sadly left with no other choice but to ask you - so please forgive me.

My problem seems plain simple : I've switched from Dolphin 3.5 to Dolphin 4.0, and, in order to continue the games I've been playing on Dolphin 3.5, I've exported my saves the way it is prescribed ; that is, by copying the entirety of the previous WII folder from the User folder of Dolphin 3.5, to the now "General" User folder located in "My Documents" (https://de.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...directory/). In the first time, it seems to work ; the save appears in the game, and I can load it.
But when I start the game, as it seems to perfectly work in the first time, I then fall over an error at the moment I'll try to save, which says to me that the game cannot be saved. Surprisingly, the said save which I just loaded a moment ago will then disappear, or as far as I recall.
I've then tried to make a new save game, erasing the entire Dolphin 3.5 folder, re-installing Dolphin 4.0, and launching the game all at new. Same problem : cannot create save file, at the very beginning of the game ! I've tried on multiple games, and it seems to come indeed from my computer or my configurations.

Finding no evidences which could help me to solve this mystery, I resolved myself to formulate my problem here. Hopefully, it is not a too frequent already-asked-question ; if so, then please receive my apologies.
With my regards ;