Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crash on Opening Graphics and Booting Games [Resolved?]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kaelitz

So I was mucking about trying out different rendering options for Dolphin trying to improve performance and amidst doing so I must have fundamentally mucked up something. I believe this problem occurred when I changed it from DX11 rendering to DX9, but I can't be certain.
Now whenever I boot any game, or even try to enter the Graphics configuration, Dolphin immediately crashes. I can repeat this 100% of the time.
Thinking it was an issue with a broken configuration of settings, I uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin. Unfortunately that didn't remedy the problem.
Subsequently I was trying to find a raw .ini file to see if I could manually change back the settings I recall moving around, but to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a backend to configure through? A Google search returns much the same information: a backend hasn't been made available to work with.

So I'm left with wondering what I can do now. Reinstalling doesn't work, and I can't enter the config settings at all to change what is apparently broken. Any suggestions?

And as I am sure I must be missing pertinent information for troubleshooting this, if there's anything else I can add, please let me know.

-Edit
Just for the hell of it I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to a new directory to see if that'd fix it as well, but no go. Every other option section is useable except for Graphics, and subsequently when I try to play any game.

-Edit 2

Tried grabbing the latest dev version of Dolphin (4.0-201) and starting up with that. By virtue of it not using the same config settings as 4.0, or the fact that it removed DX9 as an option entirely instead of flagging it as deprecated, I am now able to load the Graphics config menu and play games.

Kaelitz

e: reply is not edit.