Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lenovo T430s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jpregs

Hi!

I am running a Lenovo T430s.

It has a Core i5-3320M 2.6 GHz with turbo bost to 3.2GHz
It has 8GB ram
I am using the built in graphics card (4000)
I am also running on the "high performace" power setting

I can run games like Mario Cart and Custom Robo with out any really big issues but now I am trying to play SSX 3 and it is running at 50% speed.

Ideas? Thanks!
jpregs Wrote:I can run games like Mario Cart and Custom Robo with out any really big issues

This is due to the fact that these games fall into the so-called "lightweight" category of games. They don't require a lot of resources from your CPU and/or GPU. You're probably playing Double Dash (MK Wii is GPU intensive at times), so that further explains your pleasant experience with these two games.

jpregs Wrote:but now I am trying to play SSX 3 and it is running at 50% speed.

SSX 3 isn't really a lightweight game. If you have your Internal Resolution set to 1x and Anti-Aliasing disabled and you still get slowdowns, this means your CPU is the bottleneck for your system, in which case there isn't much you can do. Your CPU will Turbo Boost automatically, but it may still not be enough for many games. Remember, you have a laptop that was intended for business/student needs, not CPU and GPU heavy tasks such as Dolphin.
This game is too much demanding for your CPU