Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Intel CPU architectures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In next year (somewhere in 2014), Intel plans to release 2 new architectures in order to substitute Haswell; the first one is Broadwell and the other is Skylake (you can forget this one, it will come nearly in 2015).

I´m making this thread to let you guys write down your opinions, what do you expect from the new cores upcoming, and all that.

That´s all, have a good night.Tongue Smile
If I remember correctly broadwell is a die shrink of haswell. There will be improvments but not huge improvements. Then SkyLake will be a whole new better faster micro architecture.
(10-09-2013, 09:24 AM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember correctly broadwell is a die shrink of haswell. There will be improvments but not huge improvements. Then SkyLake will be a whole new better faster micro architecture.
Wouldn't whole new be false? I thought whole new would be like k10/10.5 -> Bulldozer
I'm waiting for quad channel DDR4. It'll probably be on Skylake.
Haswell-E is meant to support Quad Channel DDR4 along with 8-Cores.
(10-09-2013, 09:59 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2013, 09:24 AM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember correctly broadwell is a die shrink of haswell. There will be improvments but not huge improvements. Then SkyLake will be a whole new better faster micro architecture.
Wouldn't whole new be false? I thought whole new would be like k10/10.5 -> Bulldozer
Yeah, not entirely "new" but a big step.
There is no data or information yet to base any speculations on. This thread is pointless.
There is. Did you read the Broadwell Wikipedia article?
Broadwell is only available on notebook ...Next year , we still see Haswell CPU (desktop)
http://www.neowin.net/news/report-intel-...desktop-pc
@admin89

Intel has recently retracted that statement. Broadwell is indeed coming to desktops after all.

DJBarry004 Wrote:There is. Did you read the Broadwell Wikipedia article?

I have now. It's mostly things we have already known for years (16nm shrink from the tick tock cycle, the roadmap, and the new instructions) and the rest is random speculation with no evidence.
Pages: 1 2