Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windwaker FPS drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kharmavirus

Hey,

I'm not going to lie, I made an account just to ask this here.

The problem, well nuisance, is little fps drops when playing the legend of zelda wind waker. It's at a steady 30fps and sometimes it drops down to 20 for a short period of time and then goes back to 30. This happens during fights, cutting grass sometimes even sailing. (it also happens when nothing is really going on).
I hope someone on this forum can help me out with this, it's kind of bothering me.

I already checked, it's not my cpu nor my gpu neither are capped when playing, not even by a longshot. Temps are also more than fine.
I tried different kinds of settings but that doesn't really seem to change anything, so I'm guessing (excuse me if I'm wrong) that this is either the fault of the emulation or it has something to do with the rom. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specs.

Intel i7 @ 4.2GHZ
GTX 660 Ti
16GB DDR3 RAM
Post pics of your settings please. Also what version of Dolphin are you using?

kharmavirus

Apologies for not posting those right away.

I'm using dolphin 4.0
Uncheck VSync and ensure your GPU doesnt have it enabled for Dolphin. See if that helps. I had this same type of issue with PCSX2 and VSync.

Also try using HLE vs LLE. I didnt see your audio settings pictured. If HLE increases the frame rates you should know that it is CPU limited and can press on.

If it does not work, try a 1x IR. That will key you in on a GPU slowdown. If that doesn't get you better frame rates then you may be looking at a larger system type of issue.

kharmavirus

(10-09-2013, 04:59 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Uncheck VSync and ensure your GPU doesnt have it enabled for Dolphin. See if that helps. I had this same type of issue with PCSX2 and VSync.
Yeah, that did it. Got rid of the vsync in dolphin and disabled it for dolphin on my gpu and voila...succes.

Thanks a bunch man, that something so simple could be an issue.

anyhow, much obliged.
With a GTX 660Ti he's not likely to be GPU-limited.

The issue, I think, is the Audio framelimit. Set it to Auto and uncheck "Limit by FPS".