Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help, PC crash after load a game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok first my PC always works perfect without any problem, until today, I was playing Castlevania LoS and then some squares (or interference in the screen) appeared in the screen and then I got black screen, the PC restarted and now after play any PC game, it will crash after leave the main menu of the game or even before that, it happens with dolphin too after load the game, 5 minutes is the max for it crash now using DX9, with OpenGL it give the square in the screen right after i double click on it.

I can open videos, musics, chrome, etc... only games that use GPU crash, sometimes the message "The Driver of Video has stopped of work and has recover it" appears right after those squares appear in the screen.

I always have used the Driver 314.22 and it never got this message and this problem

I tried 327.26 just to confirm that it is not a problem of the driver 314.22.

Installed the 327.26 and still the same here.

Sometimes it almost crash when I try to open Chrome and Videos, the squares and the message of driver has stopped of work appear.

Note: It has take more time to crash after I select 1280x720 in dolphin, but it still crashed, the temp of the GPU was in 38ºC and the FAN was in 60%

Also right after I open the Internet Explorer I get this problem, not even one single time I could open it with the driver stop of work and thoso squares appear in the screen.

So something that IE uses is corrupted or something.

Anything that use GPU about to 30% , I think, will give me this problem.

Sorry if my english is bad.
Install an older driver just to be sure but it seems like your card is failing.
(10-08-2013, 12:33 PM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]Install an older driver just to be sure but it seems like your card is failing.

One more older than 314.22 ?

Card you mean, my video card failing?

Also I don t get the problem of internet explorer in safe mode with net.
Yeah, it seems like it. And yes, an older set of drivers.
(10-08-2013, 12:50 PM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it seems like it. And yes, an older set of drivers.

No change even with one more older driver i still get the same problem, right now using 314 07, I can encode videos to 10 bit using the best settings 100% of cpu with a good memory using on it and get no problems wich means that is the gpu problem.

BTW: It appears to happen alwayS that gpu hits 35 at 38ºC.

I will test my video card in one pc of a friend and see if it happens there too.

PS: Tried Drive 306.97 and still no change.
See if you can complete the "Windows Experience Index" under system. In the past, I've found this to be an excellent diagnostic tool. If your computer crashes during this test with WHQL drivers, your card is bad.
(10-09-2013, 12:12 AM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]See if you can complete the "Windows Experience Index" under system. In the past, I've found this to be an excellent diagnostic tool. If your computer crashes during this test with WHQL drivers, your card is bad.

Ok going to try this now.

Edit: Can't it give me those squares bugs in the screen right after it start.
Get a new graphics card or replace it if it's under warranty. Your current card is dying.
Almost the exact same thing happened to me a while back, and it was because of nVidia's newer drivers that came out. Scared the hell outta me. I just had to revert back.