Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: XINPUT1_3.dll for Dolphin x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this will help or not, I've yet to fully test.

I previously managed to d/l and install .dll's to the Dolphin.exe folder for the x32 version and it worked. But nothing worked for x64. It just kept saying either XINPUT1_3.dll not found, or giving that 0x0007b error.

So I just d/l v4 to see if that had changed, it hasn't. I checked a folder I keep with my install files in and it had a zip marked 'xinput1_3 - 32+64' so I extracted the x64 version and placed in the Dolphin x64 folder. It worked!!!

But... I was halfway installing DirectX as recommended by the help files. Though I tried running Dolphin64 without this file and it failed. I then re-tried running with the dll file and it worked. So, it appears I have a x64 version of the dll required to get Dolphin64 to work.

Question is, were some other files installed by DirectX that are also required or does Dolphin simply need this one dll in order to function?

If that's the case, can't this file be included in future downloads or is it copyrighted to Microsoft?
Am I allowed to place a dropbox link for others requiring this file?

Scott
1- Yes, it may be C.R. by Microsoft.

2- No, this isnĀ“t the only one. You also need VCOMP100.DLL for Dolphin to work.

3- Those files are already included in the Dolphin installer.
4. When you see that 0x0007b error, it's definitely a problem on your end and means you messed up your system by randomly placing dlls files without thinking.
Good way to complete a list, neobrain. Smile
Quote: 4. When you see that 0x0007b error, it's definitely a problem on your
end and means you messed up your system by randomly placing dlls files
without thinking.
Sorry but you are wrong. I never installed it into my system and definitely not without thinking! ! ! I got the error after placing the dll's in the Dolphin folder as I had previously stated. The error is caused by the dll's being x32 when they should be x64.

I may not know much about computers compared to you lot, but the way you put that was a bit arrogant if I may say! Perhaps I'm wrong but that's how it appears?

Anyway, is there any necessity to install directX or is this XINPUT1_3.dll file enough? I did say I don't know much about computers Tongue
I don't know what DirectX is for? I'll google it to find out more, I just prefer NOT to install anything if I can help it.

Thanks for your help... Big Grin
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35
run this

DO NOT RANDOMLY PLACE DLLS - IT IS BAD HMKAY
Thanks for the link. So, does Dolphin benefit? I assume it does?

I appreciate your advice/concern, but, if we never did anything we weren't supposed to we'd never learn anything! We learn by attempting things we know nothing about. If it goes wrong, we figure out why and how to fix it... Knowledge is gained this way in all aspects and always has been. That's the point of R+D. If we didn't, we'd still be cavemen! Big Grin Undecided