Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is Dolphin v4.0 Portable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Dolphin v3.3-367, though my PC is a tad slow I will be building one next year, but this version saved settings in the Dolphin folder.

I just updated to v4.0 and the settings are now stored in the systems Documents folder. Is there a way to change this as I prefer a portable setup? I have Dolphin and my games stored on a 128GB USB3 drive.

If it's not possible then please consider this a Feature Request. Thanks for a brilliant emulator Big Grin

Scott
(10-08-2013, 06:14 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using Dolphin v3.3-367, though my PC is a tad slow I will be building one next year, but this version saved settings in the Dolphin folder.

I just updated to v4.0 and the settings are now stored in the systems Documents folder. Is there a way to change this as I prefer a portable setup? I have Dolphin and my games stored on a 128GB USB3 drive.

If it's not possible then please consider this a Feature Request. Thanks for a brilliant emulator Big Grin

Scott
Creating a file called portable.txt and then putting it next to Dolphin.exe.
Wicked! ! ! Thanks, and for the quick reply too...
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(10-08-2013, 06:35 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2013, 06:18 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2013, 06:14 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using Dolphin v3.3-367, though my PC is a tad slow I will be building one next year, but this version saved settings in the Dolphin folder.

Scott
Creating a file called portable.txt and then putting it next to Dolphin.exe.
Wicked! ! ! Thanks, and for the quick reply too...
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Did it work?
Sorry, yes worked a treat Big Grin
Also, FYI, you've been downloading Dolphin from the wrong site. There were about 2000 builds between 3.5-367 and 4.0, and there have already been nearly 200 after 4.0. https://dolphin-emu.org/download/