Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Computer Crash Soon After Loading Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ashiko

yo o/ This is my first post I kind of hope this is the right place >__>;

Anyways, so first is something kind of major: My computer is a macbook, running 10.8.3, and is also bootcamped (running Windows 7). So now that we've got that out of the way! Smile

Recently I downloaded Dolphin (4.0) onto my windows partition, dumped a few of my games (Pikmin, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Super Mario Sunshine), and played around with it. On default settings, all three games opened up fine and played really well (with the exception of a little bit of slowdown at points, but that's to be expected on a laptop, probably). So I don't think my issue is a problem with the dumps, although I guess I can try again? Anyways, due to issues with drivers, I was unable to get any controllers connected to my computer (not a Dolphin issue).

Controllers seem to work great on my mac partition however! So I installed Dolphin for mac, and with default settings, tried the games again. The game would start up, run for a few seconds, and then my computer locks up completely.

My best guess is that dolphin just takes up more CPU/ram on a mac than windows? o___o

cpu specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

I-I'm not sure what other things you need, I just copy/pasted like the entire first section, but let me know if you need more?
This is an issue with OS X's Intel HD 3000 drivers – one that I've been whining about forever. (I *really* need to file a radar for it, it's still broken in Mavericks.) To get around it, you'd need to use an older version of Dolphin from before GLSL-master was merged; 3.5-663 is the build right before that. https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/876...f3b839e50/

Also, you're probably running 10.8.4 or 10.8.5. IIRC, on 10.8.3 it just dropped down to Apple's software renderer – it worked, just extremely slowly.

Ashiko

I'll try out an older build then and share the results after o:

Is there anyway I can see if I'm "actually" running something higher than 10.8.3? o___o
(10-07-2013, 04:18 PM)Ashiko Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway I can see if I'm "actually" running something higher than 10.8.3? o___o

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1633

Alternatively, just type in the command sw_vers into the Terminal.

Ashiko

I really am running 10.8.3 then ^^;

Also, using the older 3.5-663 build seems to work perfectly, thanks for that Big Grin