Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Sunshine runes at 20 fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am a new dolphin user. I tried using dolphin to play super mario sunshine, but the game runs at 15-20 fps, which is bascally unplayable. I know this has nothing to do with my specs, as I can run tf2, dota, and other steam games just fine. I also tried changing the framelimit from auto to 30, and then turing it off. Changing in to 30 makes it run even slower, and turning it off makes the game run at like 3x speed. Help!
I am using dolphin 4.0 on ubuntu 64 bit.
You can't compare PC games to emulated console games. Both work differently. PC games are GPU dependent. Dolphin is CPU dependent.

What processor have you got exactly?
(10-07-2013, 09:55 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]You can't compare PC games to emulated console games. Both work differently. PC games are GPU dependent. Dolphin is CPU dependent.

What processor have you got exactly?
"Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.5 Ghz"
Most parts of Super Mario Sunshine are pretty CPU-GPU demanding. Even in a real GC/Wii you will experience slowdowns.
I have played SMS on a real gamecube a million times and the fps always stayed at 30.
Did you have an FPS counter while you were playing?
(10-07-2013, 10:07 AM)deoxyribonucleic acid Wrote: [ -> ]I have played SMS on a real gamecube a million times and the fps always stayed at 30.
Yes, and it should be faster (?)

How did you measure the FPS on a real GC?
(10-07-2013, 10:18 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2013, 10:07 AM)deoxyribonucleic acid Wrote: [ -> ]I have played SMS on a real gamecube a million times and the fps always stayed at 30.

I'm just estimating, but from years of playing the game, I can tell when it is too slow.

Sorry if I sound dumb, I am new to emulators.
(10-07-2013, 10:25 AM)deoxyribonucleic acid Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2013, 10:18 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm just estimating, but from years of playing the game, I can tell when it is too slow.

Sorry if I sound dumb, I am new to emulators.
Everyone (?) here started like you, more or less. DonĀ“t worry.

To try solving the issue: Do you have a desktop or a laptop? Overclocking in desktops usually fixes lots of performance issues.
I am using a laptop.
Pages: 1 2