Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just wondering something,,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be a stupid question. Tongue

Is anyone in the homebrew scene working on a homebrew Wiimote api? I think how nice it would be to sync a Wiimote to a pc by pressing the buttons, then when launching Dolphin, the Wii menu or a game it automatically connects the Wiimote if you have a real Wiimote set in the options. This could allow Dolphin to seamlessly integrate into other applications such as Steam Big Picture. Create a shortcut to auto launch Dolphin silently in the background, connect Wiimotes and launch a game. Then after you are done press escape or a button on the controller to close the game and Dolphin so you could launch another game if you wanted to.
Dolphin can auto connect to a wiimote I belive
Not really, not the way I am describing. Last I knew you still had to click a button to pair a Wiimote which was a bit wonky so I just manually paired it in the blutooth device manager then click refresh in the Wiimote configuration before starting a game.

Edit: Forgive me for any grammatical errors and run on sentences. I've been up since yesterday morning at 5AM with no sleep since, my brain is mush now. Tongue
Dolphin will constantly look for a wiimote without any need to manually connect through windows