Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0 Directory change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't used the Dolphin emulator since the early 3.5 builds, and now I see that things have changed a bit.
One problem I have now is the emulator's new directories. I don't understand what they are now.
the old theme path was

Dolphin/user/theme/boomy/

Now it's

Dolphin/sys/theme/clean/

I figured it out from the error messages.

But now I have another issue. My old controller profiles aren't loading. I'm able to make a new profile and save it, but I can't find where it saves. My old profiles are still there in the same directory where they used to work.

Now for my last issue, my memory card doesn't work anymore.
It's in the same directory as before.
When I load games where I had saves on, it won't load the saves and wants to create a new save.
I'm gonna try downloading the main 4.0 build. I only downloaded the alpha builds after 4.0's release.

Edit: Okay so I downloaded the official Dolphin 4.0, and checked the folders. It seems like it doesn't have a user folder anymore. And some of the stuff that used to be in user, are now in the sys folder. I renamed my dolphin folder to Dolphin 4.0, the default name. Tried loading a game, and it still wants to create a new save. Should I add the memory card to the sys folder?
(10-06-2013, 06:50 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._Directory
Thanks for the reply ^_^
That was such a simple solution, it was in my documents the whole time xD

Just one other question. Once I move my GC, Wii, and config folders to the global directory, can I completely delete the old user folder from the dolphin folder?
mattkimura Wrote:can I completely delete the old user folder from the dolphin folder?

Yep. You created it after all, since 4.0 doesn't make one. It's not being used and is safe to delete.