Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gaming Notebook good enough to play with Dolphin v4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i am using a MySN Notebook with the following Specs:

Intel i7 4700MQ @2.40 GHz
16 GB Ram
Samsung Pro 256 GB SSD
NVIDIA GTX 780M

I think it is possible but i have some laggy stutters in New Super Mario Bros. What are the recommended configs in dolphin?

Thank
You need to optimize your notebook to full extent
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-la...ance-guide
I try this but the tool for CPU expires and i have found an old one but my cpu is not supported. The Windows energy plan is set to max performance and nvidia is allready configured. So CPU is the last one i think. Is there another tool?
Did you try the latest Throttlestop 6.0 Beta 1 ?
Latest Throttlestop supports Haswell CPU
I have checked this. I put my Laptop to Performance mode and uses Throttlestop with a Multiplier of 24 (24*99,7 MHz = 2391 MHz). But the CPU Clock switches every second from a lower Multiplier.

So ingame with new super mario bros i have all the time over 50 fps. Mostly i have 60 fps. But the games runs not smooth, but some micro stutters. What is the best config? I think my laptop has more than enough power for this emulator.

Thanks
You should use maximum CPU ratio (multiplier = 32 -> 3200MHz ~ 3.2GHz) . 2.4GHz is default clock speed without turbo boost
Thanks, but there is no change in the gameplay. Can you give me a hint what is the best config for new super mario bros?