Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't run Super mario galaxy 2 full speed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

josecrazy

Hello.
Im using Dolphin 4.0 and i cant run Super Mario Galaxy 2 at 60 fps all times, i mostly get 40-60 and its very unplayable, it looks like slow motion.
Specs:
-Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz
-MSI GTX 680 2GB
- 8 GB Ram 1600MHz
Settings:
3x native 1920x1080, AA 4 samples, Anisotropic filtering 2x, escaled efb copy on, per pixel lightning on (tried with off, same fps)
thanks.
Your CPU is too slow and needs to be OC'd which you can't do
And lower your rendering resolution and Anti-Aliasing. You can set Anisotropic Filtering to 16X.
Also try using OpenGL; It doesn't suffer from some of the severe slowdowns that D3D9 and D3d11 suffer from for me.
(10-06-2013, 09:47 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Also try using OpenGL; It doesn't suffer from some of the severe slowdowns that D3D9 and D3d11 suffer from for me.
(Reads the reply) This, with Vertex Streaming Hack enabled.
the only problem with mario galaxy is skip EFB acess from CPU... this option is very, very, very heavy! without this option, mario galaxy run in 60 FPS mostly time in LLE

but without this is impossible play because pointer function doesn't work!

if have any possibility of put this in a separated core, i think this will be more playable! (i think)
That doesn't make any sense/isn't possible.
(10-06-2013, 02:37 PM)sagaopc Wrote: [ -> ]the only problem with mario galaxy is skip EFB acess from CPU... this option is very, very, very heavy! without this option, mario galaxy run in 60 FPS mostly time in LLE

but without this is impossible play because pointer function doesn't work!

if have any possibility of put this in a separated core, i think this will be more playable! (i think)
Efb to cpu access has been sped up considerably for opengl due to an optimization, and a direct 3d implementation is on a to do list i think. That is probably a good reason open gl fares so well with this game.
Er... i got an i7-3770K that has a default clock rate of 3.50 GHz.

And even when it's not overclocked, i can get almost steady 60fps with no problem at your settings (at least for the 10 or 12 stages or so i played so far).

Only thing that sometimes happens (rarely), is a short drop from 60 to 55 fps for the blink of an eye, looks like a reloading-stutter or whatever that is.

Did not try to fix it yet as I am testing other things right now, but maybe even those short rare stutters can be fixed.

But even with them i consider the game very playable even at stock speeds.
Do you think the AMD FX 9000series will run this game 60fps USEING DSP LLE?
Pages: 1 2