Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crash - NGC & Wii controllers settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First off sorry if this has been posted, I haven't found my answer elsewhere.

So, in Dolphin 4.0, 3.5 and 3.0, when I press either the gamecube pad settings button or the wiimote settings button, I get the windows message saying "Dolphin has stopped working".

I'm running on W7 x64, my CPU is an i7-2600k @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs) and my GPU a Radeon HD 6850.

Thank you!
Which games are you playing? Have you verified that you dumped them correctly? Check the MD5 hashes of each game file and compare them with entries on GameTDB.com.
My Dolphin 4.0 and 3.0 are virgins, I didn't even set up a ROM directory, so I've never played a game with either of them. xD I'd basically test the controller settings before doing anything (so my Dolphins have the default settings) to make sure it wouldn't crash.

If it matters, here's the games I've played on Dolphin 3.5: Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes, Spartan: Total Warrior, Super Smash Brawl.

Thanks (Sorry if I didn't answer appropriately)
Does input work at all in-game? I mean the default settings have input mapped to your keyboard. You could still play the game just to test if it's something with the GUI and not a core issue. A work around would be to manually edit the controller .ini files in your Dolphin folder. If you have another PC, you could run Dolphin, change the input as needed, then copy the .ini files to your main desktop.

It also might be Windows being stupid. Have you tried a clean install? For some people, this happens to solve a number of weird issues. It's can be a pretty lengthy and involved process (mainly backing up things) so consider that a last resort.
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, but apparently it's when my controller is plugged in (more specifically when it's driver is enabled) that my Dolphin crashes, so I can take care of the problem from now on, I've bothered you enough, xP. My controller's a Saitek p2600 Rumble Force (in case someone else has a similar problem)

Thank you very much for the support and again, sorry for bothering.

- Absyion