Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wii system update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering is tere anyway to do a wii system update in a wii menu on dolphin.
Nope.avi
Why you want to do that? A system update would download all IOSes and stuff like that,and they are pretty useless since Dolphin HLE all of the IOSes calls...
(10-05-2013, 12:27 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Why you want to do that? A system update would download all IOSes and stuff like that,and they are pretty useless since Dolphin HLE all of the IOSes calls...
So i can get all the channels without downloading them individually through nusd and installing them.
No it won't work. You will have to manually download the channels (or extract some of them from a update partition -- present in some games) if you want to install them on Dolphin, but be advised that some of them won't work (like the news, forecast and wii shop channel)...
Could i use channels like the news and wii shop channel if i dump a nand and set up nintendo's wfc.
No. Nintendo already closed servers needed for News and Forecast and even if the servers still were alive, Dolphin lacks some emulation code needed for proper emulation of those channels (Wii Shop, for example, freezes or end up in an error screen, even with Nintendo WFC set up)...

The only ones I know to work properly is Mii Channel and Internet Channel (although some times Internet Channel freezes)...
(10-08-2013, 07:59 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]No. Nintendo already closed servers needed for News and Forecast and even if the servers still were alive, Dolphin lacks some emulation code needed for proper emulation of those channels (Wii Shop, for example, freezes or end up in an error screen, even with Nintendo WFC set up)...

The only ones I know to work properly is Mii Channel and Internet Channel (although some times Internet Channel freezes)...
okay thanks