Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low performance in SSBM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone. I'm new to dolphin and these forums and I'm having a few issues with smash bross melee. 1v1 doesn't work that bad but on more demanding scenarios like giant stage in the classic or team x give me very low performance (below 30%) and I would like to know if there's some trick or something I'm missing on. Here's my specs:

Processor: Core i3 2370M
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Graphics card: Nvidia GEforce GT630M
Currently using dolphin 4.0 release

I'm using 3D9 setting and it's detected to be using my dedicated graphics card (the motherboard comes with an intel graphics 4000), anything else I could be missing?
Intel Core i3 usually donĀ“t give a very good performance in some games. Can you post the clock speed?
(10-03-2013, 06:21 AM)Daikataro Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings everyone. I'm new to dolphin and these forums and I'm having a few issues with smash bross melee. 1v1 doesn't work that bad but on more demanding scenarios like giant stage in the classic or team x give me very low performance (below 30%) and I would like to know if there's some trick or something I'm missing on. Here's my specs:

Processor: Core i3 2370M
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Graphics card: Nvidia GEforce GT630M
Currently using dolphin 4.0 release

I'm using 3D9 setting and it's detected to be using my dedicated graphics card (the motherboard comes with an intel graphics 4000), anything else I could be missing?
Are you sure you have the 2370m? Sandy Bridge cpu's don't have intel hd graphics 4000. The intel website says it has a hd 3000.
Yeah it's the intel HD3000, my bad. It says 2.4GHz clock speed and each core has multi-threading enabled.
I used to have an i3 370M with the first(?) Intel HD, and I would get at least 85-90% on melee.
Check which power setting your computer is on. If you go to high performance, it does help a little.
I have the power setting to high performance and the NVidia control panel set to run dolphin with dedicated GPU card. For reference I'm able to run StarCraft II in high settings smoothly (ultra gives me 20-25 fps) and have DirectX and NVidia drivers up to date.

What else could be the issue?
Can you post pictures of your graphics config pages?
(10-03-2013, 01:23 PM)Daikataro Wrote: [ -> ]For reference I'm able to run StarCraft II in high settings smoothly

Your system is good for PC games but not for GC/Wii emulation. These are 2 different things.
Your CPU is a bit weak for Dolphin. Speed drops you've noticed are pretty normal