Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio choppy after 4.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the switch from 3.5 to 4.0 my audio is a bit choppy. I am using HLE settings. The games I have tested out are Kirby, lost in shadow, mario kart. Lost in shadow and mario kart was a bit choppy played about a 5 mins into the game, they were choppy. Kirby seemed to be unaffected. My FPS was at 60, so gameplay itself is fine.

here are my sound settings:
[Image: Capture_zps20e54e1c.png]
Specs? Which Mario Kart?
Cpu: Amd Phenom II x6 1090t 3.8ghz
gpu: Gtx 460
Ram: 16 gb g.skills ripjaws series

Mario kart wii, i haven't tested my GC games yet just the wii games.
It shouldn´t give you problems. Phenom II is in third category accordig to the hierarchy: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...+benchmark
Game play was find with FPS at 60, it's just the audio was getting choppy for no reason.
Try switching to the OpenAL audio backend instead of XAudio2. The OpenAL backend features audio timestretching.
(10-03-2013, 09:22 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Try switching to the OpenAL audio backend instead of XAudio2. The OpenAL backend features audio timestretching.
what latency would you suggest i use?
Use the lowest latency you can without the sound going all crackly.

Greater latency = greater lag
Lower latency = greater static.

navcar

Same here. After grabbing the latest 4.0 release, the audio is choppy for Sonic Colours (as compared to the latest stable 3.5 which I have previously been using).
i guess the best option is to revert back to 3.5, if 4.0 gets better (audio-wise)i might revert back to 4.0.