Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slow Framerate with i7 and Nvidia Graphics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do have it connected to a power supply, although it is not stock and is lower power. Could that be the problem? and as for power settings, I have it on high performance.
What do you mean by lower power? As in, it doesn't put out the same voltage/amps as the original?
(10-02-2013, 06:23 AM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by lower power? As in, it doesn't put out the same voltage/amps as the original?
Yes exactly.
Yeah that's not good. Can you get one with the original output? I'm assuming you used one with the same voltage and different amp output?
Yeah Ill have the original Friday, I forgot it somewhere and this is my back up ( it was from another HP laptop I had )

Could the problem really just be the power cord?
Yes definitely. If you're supplying a conforming voltage but less current it's very similar to Windows power management throttling the CPU. How much lower is the amp rating of the PSU you're using vs the original? About 60%?
(10-02-2013, 06:38 AM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes definitely. If you're supplying a conforming voltage but less current it's very similar to Windows power management throttling the CPU. How much lower is the amp rating of the PSU you're using vs the original? About 60%?
The amperage difference is roughly 74%(3.5a vs 4.74a)

I had no idea using the incorrect power supply on a laptop would effect the performance. Thank you ! Hopefully it will fix the problem.
Hmm. I figured it would be running about 70% of normal speed then, not < 50%. It may not work linearly though. I'd definitely get that swapped out and see if it makes a difference. If not, we'll take a look at the temps/clock again.
Alright , I will check back when I have the original charger. Thank you for your help
If that matters, these HP laptops generally comes with a 120W power supply that is generally twice as big as the other power supplies from HP
Pages: 1 2