Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to dump games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My drive is:
TOSHIBA MQ01ABD050 SATA Disk Device

Does anybody know if there is a program that will LEGALLY rip games.
Thanks Smile
You can try this (but I doubt it will work):

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...wii-needed
The simpler solution is to just use CleanRip on a homebrew-hacked Wii, but if your drive works with rawdump, that's fine too.
I do not want to use my wii for that. The hombrew channel can brick a wii. I am using dolfin to test the hombrew I am developing, but I cannot seem to rip the games off the disk.
Then your only choice is to install the homebrew channel, it won't brick your wii unless you do it wrong XD
In this case, get a compatible drive... Btw, the chances of bricking your Wii if you use Letterbomb are almost null, but if you prefer the hard way an LG 8082N drive should work
I had a strong preference against hacking my Wii as well (not founded in anything other than personal preference). Get a drive that is known to work with rawdump and you'll be set. FYI they're all IDE drives IIRC so make sure you have a board with an IDE interface. Other bit of warning is that they go for a premium over a standard drive since their capabilities are pretty well known.
There are portable versions of LG 8082N drive that plugs into USB port...
Homebrew-hacking a Wii is perfectly safe as long as you don't do anything stupid and you follow the instructions closely. The channel itself cannot brick a Wii.

If all you need is CleanRip, you can get away with just running a homebrew exploit each time you want to run it and skip the whole part where you install stuff on your Wii. You just need to follow the "hackless" instructions for Project M, but swap out the Gecko OS .dol/.elf with a CleanRip .dol/.elf. http://projectmgame.com/en/download
Removed off-topic messages and warned the affected person for backseat moderating.

Our forum, our rules. Get your parental control software set up if you want to expose kids to the internet.
Pages: 1 2