Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need for Speed: Underground fps problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Aeobrous

I have a problem with the gameplay of Need for Speed: Underground where the fps drops to 16-18 at the start of races, but rises back to 26-30 fps when racing with less activity on screen. I've tried adjusting the graphics settings, but everything I bring to lowest setting or disable/enable for speed boosting have been ineffective on increasing the framerate. I have also tried searching for similar threads, 2 were found on search: need for speed, but found no answer to my problem. The settings I've tested are as listed:

In General: Fullscreen turned off, V-Sync, Backend
In Enhancements: Internal Resolution, Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Scaled EFB Copy, Force Texture Filtering, Per-Pixel Lighting
In Hacks: Skip EFB Access from CPU, Ignore Format Changes, Cache Display Lists, OpenCL Texture Decoder, Fast Depth Calculation, OpenMP Texture Decoder

My computer specs are on my profile, and please private message me if any of the specs listed are wrong or void for I am still learning about what everything means inside a computer.
Your CPU (processor) is too weak for this game

Aeobrous

Apart from the fps problem, I've been doing some tweaking around and noticed that the main problem is the audio hicupping, and was wondering if there was anyway to fix that problem? Thanks for the help.
If you can't run the game full-speed the sound will stutter. That's why you've got audio issues

Aeobrous

Then what is the recommended cpu to run Need for Speed: Underground?
Mine Tongue . Or the more recent 4670K.
A powerful CPU is needed because it's a very demanding game

Aeobrous

Thank you very much, you have been very helpful.
My PC specs are -
AMD FX 8120 3.2 8 core
8gb ddr3 ram
Nvidia Geforce 580 1.5gb galaxy edition
Win 8.1
Now knowing that, could anybody tell me why not a single NFS game can run above 6 to 17 fps?
And truthfully, its not just the fps, the game runs like crap! Its not running like it has bad fps, it runs like I'm trying to play it on a Commodore 64!
If the reason is because my rig is too weak, I'm afraid to ask how good it has to be!

And to be specific about which NFS games I'm talking about.
Underground
Underground 2
Most Wanted
Carbon

I almost don't even care anymore if I can play these games. I more just want to know why I cant!
How well do other games play?
Make sure you have Dolphin set to a high performance profile under Nvidia Control Panel.

Overclock your CPU and see if that helps
(08-22-2014, 11:08 AM)Fuszion Wrote: [ -> ]I more just want to know why I cant!

The answer is in the first posts of this thread
Pages: 1 2