Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: lag/speed in os x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
game is Zelda Twilight Princess [gamecube version]

how can i fix lag / speed it up , its not currently playable

os x 10.7.5

thx
1- Specs? (Apart from the O.S.)

2- Dolphin version?
it runs fine in windows 7 on the same computer [apple boot camp]
but for certain reasons i need to play it in mac os x

dolphin 4.0

2009 imac

windows 7 64bit

cpu
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8135 2.40 GHz

video
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT

4gb ram
(Looks at the GPU listed in the reply) God, those low-end graphic cards are going to lead everyone crazy!!

(Now looks at the CPU listed) Core 2 Duo provides (if not the worst) a very bad emulating speed in Dolphin, mainly when low-clocked. What you can do is to buy a better (and faster) processor.
ok. but why would it run smooth [no need for update] in windows?
(09-30-2013, 09:35 AM)link22 Wrote: [ -> ]ok. but why would it run smooth [no need for update] in windows?
X64 = better speed.
the software?
The emulator; and yes, it should apply for every X64 software.
The OS X version of Dolphin is 64-bit-only due to Dolphin currently requiring OS X 10.7 and 10.7 requiring a 64-bit CPU, so I don't know why the fuck you're saying *that's* the difference. The difference is that of either different versions of Dolphin (protip: newer versions are *slower*, try 3.5) or graphics drivers (OS X's are actually surprisingly bad from my experiences; upgrade to 10.8 for faster drivers or use 3.5 for an older, faster version of the OpenGL backend that uses functions that have been heavily optimized in all of Apple's drivers).