Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Would this system be good for testing Dolphin? (Triple boot, all 3 OS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not referring to the hardware but, the software let me list the specs of this thing any ways.

Q9550 @ 3.83 GHZ (1ghz over stock) [24-50+ hours stable in Prime 95, IBT and OCCT each]
8 GB DDR 3 (MV-3V4G3D) [Samsung wonder Ram]
Asus P5E3 Deluxe (Intel X38)
GTX480 (MSI)

Win 7 x64 (native) SSD
OSX 10.8.5 (native) HDD
Lubuntu 13.04 x64 (native) HDD
Win 8 x64 (VM) [Parallels 8] HDD [EDIT: w/ 3D acceleration]

I was wondering since maybe it's the same exact hardware under each OS natively it could be used for performance and gauging and seeing certain glitches occurred in each OS. This link my explain what i'm getting at.

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2013/09/26/...fameshame/
I could just be one of many. Huh So i wasn't sure if such a setup could be helpful.
its a bit old but should be able to curvestomp most of amd's lineup except their latest cpus as far as benchmarking is concerned
Why would you want to run a VM?
Quote: Why would you want to run a VM?
i'm assuming you ar asking in relation to dolphine, i was just listing all of my oses. otherwise it's for testing and compatibility purposes inside of OSX the purouse for whitch i built this machine, so i could learn other oses besides windows.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here. Dolphin will without question run best under windows. You could certainly use other OS either under a multiboot or VM configuration if you wanted to.
well if you run all the oses on the same hard ware then test i was thinking it would eliminate the hardware variable making it easier to measure performance or track bugs.

this dolphin article talks a little about that, https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2013/09/26/...fameshame/

either way i'm gonna toy with Dolphin on all 3 oses just to see what it's like any ways.