Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ten Years of Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New article on the Dolphin Blog: Ten Years of Dolphin

Feel free to discuss the article on this thread.

That was a great video. I like how it showed how Dolphin went from just a hacky mess to something as great as it is today.
It also made me realize how many games I haven't played yet.
Great job JMC.

Thanks for posting the source video on the website, I watched that instead since it's 60FPS and it looks and sounds better.
Too bad it isn't HD.
It's amazing to see all the progress that has been made in this short amount of time (specifically from 2010 to present). Every time I upgrade to the latest stable build, I tell myself I'll never need to upgrade again. This never happens though. You guys are always adding new features and fixing bugs. Keep up the great work! Big Grin
Huh, the uploaded one was supposed to be 1080p; musta crossed some wires when encoding. I don't think it'll be worth re-encoding in HD now though.
0:27, BEEDLE'S RAVE SHIP
Nice video. Only complaint is that it would have been nice if it was in HD.
We will update the downloadable video to 1080p. Sadly the YT video cannot be updated.
(09-30-2013, 01:04 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]We will update the downloadable video to 1080p. Sadly the YT video cannot be updated.
Also you can add the list of the Devs involved in the dolphin history Tongue

(09-30-2013, 01:04 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]We will update the downloadable video to 1080p. Sadly the YT video cannot be updated.
Also you can add the list of the Devs involved in the dolphin history Tongue
I decided against having long lists of names early on, because I had tried to list ALL the features that were added throughout the years and it was a total disaster. I decided to focus on the emulator because of that.

Also, I learned something important about encoders that do too much of the work for you when working on this. If it doesn't manually let you set the resolution, never assume it's not going to change it! Next time I do a video I will not make this mistake.

GeneraleBison

Emulator of my dreams Smile
Pages: 1 2