Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: system requirements for using dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-31-2009, 05:52 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]pentium ds are slowpokes and its not dual core so i would say UNPLAYABLE...

Pentium Ds are dual-core... that's what the "D" stands for...

But yea, they suck compared to their C2D counterparts.

ourappy1216

I also have a similar set up as the poster. I say you go for and it mess with your set up and the different rev. ver. Right now I can get zelda WW runing at a steady 17-20 fps in large open areas and 25-30 fps in smaller areas. RE4 runs at around 17-24 right now since i just started to mess with it.

Both being GC games. Yes our Pentium D probably won't get full speed all the time but we can get to the point where we can enjoy the game. My hope is to get both these games running at 20fps+ all the time.

P.S. use Game Booster to shut down back ground programs when your using dolphin when they are not needed.

specs.
Windows XP sp3
GT5012
Pentium D 2.80ghz
2 GB of RAM
7900 GS 256

Fulmarmusic

AHHH cant wait, been playing N64 zelda roms...and body harvest Big Grin... creepy nostalgia is loverly....4omb/s is poor, but, will mean this time tomoz I will be booting up twilight princess. excited like a girl...

I think will suffice

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core processor 3600+ at 2008mhz each
2gb DDR2
ATI Radeon HD 5770 series (1gb)

AHHH... my GFX is enough to smear poo on any doubts usually... but we will have to see
Pages: 1 2