Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii U Dumping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read on the FAQs and heard you can dump games using the Wii, but what about the Wii U? Since I will be using a new system, I want to be able to run all of my old classic gamecube games on high settings. But if I can't even do that, please tell me. I will probably have to wait till Wii U has more virtual releases for its console.
I think you can dump wii games with a wii u, but not gamecube.
Thank you for saving me the trouble of finding out the hard way. But can I max gamecube games and wii games with my specs?
(09-29-2013, 06:35 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can dump wii games with a wii u, but not gamecube.
I´m afraid to tell you that the most demanding games won´t be even playable (in the case you can at least open them).

But, it´s still good for average and lightweight ones (The max clock for your CPU is 3.9 GHz (using TurboBoost)).
(09-29-2013, 06:45 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]I´m afraid to tell you that the most demanding games won´t be even playable (in the case you can at least open them).

But, it´s still good for average and lightweight ones (The max clock for your CPU is 3.9 GHz (using TurboBoost)).
Can I at least run the Metroid Prime Series? And the CPU is overclocked to 4.3 GHZ.
(09-29-2013, 06:47 AM)7scarface7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2013, 06:45 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]I´m afraid to tell you that the most demanding games won´t be even playable (in the case you can at least open them).

Can I at least run the Metroid Prime Series? And the CPU is overclocked to 4.3 GHZ.
Uh, what? Don´t you have the i7-4930MX?
(You will have some chances to run the Metroid Primes, however, they won´t hit fullspeed).
(09-29-2013, 06:48 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but Alienware is able to overclock the CPU at a safe and stable speed of 4.3 GHZ.
(09-29-2013, 06:47 AM)7scarface7 Wrote: [ -> ]

Uh, what? Don´t you have the i7-4930MX?
(You will have some chances to run the Metroid Primes, however, they won´t hit fullspeed).
But the Intel ARK says that the max speed is 3.9. How can you hit that high with that software?
You would have to ask Alienware on how they did it. But, if I can't really run Metroid games at max or high settings, I would just stick to the Wii or the Wii U to play the old games.
(09-29-2013, 07:08 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]But the Intel ARK says that the max speed is 3.9. How can you hit that high with that software?
(09-29-2013, 07:08 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]But the Intel ARK says that the max speed is 3.9. How can you hit that high with that software?

You can overclock some mobile CPUs. It's not common, but high-end gaming notebooks usually allow it. Case-in-point, the i7-4930MX is an Extreme Edition, thus it's "unlocked" : http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/p...essor.html

What's more, the CPU the OP has is pretty good for Dolphin, even without Turbo Boost or overclocking. A 3 GHz Haswell CPU is going to run all but the most demanding games without issue (it's that good, see the WW CPU Benchmark). Turbo Boosting to 3.9 GHz is likely enough for The Last Story, SMG with LLE audio, and most definitely the Metroid Prime games (I can do MP1 with less, OP should have no issues). 4.3 GHz is asking to run almost anything fullspeed.
Pages: 1 2