Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How it´s possible to run Dolphin 4.0 using this rig??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mo-bo: MSI MS-7507 (Intel 945GCM7-L)
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 GHz (overclocked: 2.23 GHz)
GPU: Intel GMA 950 (Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family)
RAM amount: 768 MB DDR2

(Yeah, this sounds like oliverfrancisco´s rig. I´ll explain now.)

That dude is one of my friends, and he was expecting me to register here so we could help each other with any issue. Unluckily, when I came here he was already banned and now he´s not able to come back now. He started to feel pretty bad, so he decided to borrow me his desktop so I could make more testing with this awesome emulator.

I took time to read his last thread, that was about WinXP support in Dolphin. The last answer he got was that Intel IGPs are no longer supported here.

I decided to make som testings with 3.5-367 while 4.0 was being built.

Finally, when 4.0 was released I installed it in the desktop (x86 version), and SURPRISE: the Intel IGP of the PC worked! All the games he had ran relatively well using GMA 950.

Is this normal, or devs are still supporting the Intel IGPs?

Thanks for answers and opinions in advance.
I highly doubt that Dolphin 4.0 ran in that IGP, it's not supported anymore since r7589...
(09-29-2013, 02:29 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]I highly doubt that Dolphin 4.0 ran in that IGP, it's not supported anymore since r7589...
It did. Works randomly but it did.
(09-29-2013, 02:40 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Works randomly but it did.

Define "randomly" Tongue
One time, it works; the second one it doesn't; third one, yes; fourth one, no. It's like a zig-zag.

EDIT: Correction: It always work with 4.0, the real problem is that I can´t maximize the emu´s window during emulation.
Sooooo....

Does anyone know why the emulator crashes when maximizing the window (while playing)?

By the way, the dude still experience the program crash every time he stops a game...
Your hardware is not supported. Expect weird stuff to happen.
Ok, I´m going to make a stress test with Prime 95. Can you give me some advices? It´s my first time, and I don´t want to wreck the CPU.
You won't. Open CoreTemp or some similar app and monitor the temps. Put it through a test that takes at least 10-15 minutes. If you exceed 70C, I'd halt the test.
(10-04-2013, 07:03 AM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]You won't. Open CoreTemp or some similar app and monitor the temps. Put it through a test that takes at least 10-15 minutes. If you exceed 70C, I'd halt the test.
What about RealTemp? How does Prime 95 works under that one?
Pages: 1 2