Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP LLE issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bula38

Hi. Ive been searching all over for and tried what seems like everything to solve this problem.

Whenever i use DSP LLE while playing SMG. It stutters and crackles whenever those specific sounds are triggered.

From what Ive read my rig shoulld be able to handle it...

My Intel Core i73820 is clocked at 4,5 Ghz..... (I might add that my dolphin still says 3,6Ghz)

Any ideas?

bula38

Ok I just tried Dolphin 4.0 and its working alot better...
Yet my audio lags behind now.
The audio should only stutter/crackle if you can't get fullspeed. What speeds are you getting when you notice the crackling? You can do 2 things. The first is to use the OpenAL backend and increase the latency as needed. The second is to use the VBeam Speed Hack (right click the game in Dolphin, go to Properties). Additionally, Dolphin will always report the stock clocks, so that's nothing to worry about.

bula38

(09-29-2013, 01:39 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The audio should only stutter/crackle if you can't get fullspeed. What speeds are you getting when you notice the crackling? You can do 2 things. The first is to use the OpenAL backend and increase the latency as needed. The second is to use the VBeam Speed Hack (right click the game in Dolphin, go to Properties). Additionally, Dolphin will always report the stock clocks, so that's nothing to worry about.
thanks for the info Smile
After getting dolphin 4 the crackling is almost gone. SMG runs at 60 fps most the time, but if it dips to 50 the game runs in slow-mo for a bit.
And about the hacks when u rightclick/properties on a game... blank is off. v is on ... and a square is?

Another thing in the game hacks there is an option of dsphle emulation. how does that work in relevance to the audio config in dolphin?
DSP-HLE in game properties can override the emu´s options if you disable it.

And a filled square means that the option is being overridden.

bula38

(10-01-2013, 06:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]DSP-HLE in game properties can override the emu´s options if you disable it.

And a filled square means that the option is being overridden.
I see. Thanks for that..
And about the openal... If i adjust the latency the audio lags further behind. Using Xaudio atm and its fine most of the time