Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Buying a new laptop...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Anubis90

And I wanted to know if it would be able to run some games in Dolphin 4.0. I'm mainly interested in running Zelda (Skyward and Twilight), Pandora's Tower and Mario Galaxy 1/2. Here are the specs of the laptop I was looking at:

Processor: Fourth Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ @ 2.4 GHz (6MB Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) (Considering upgrading to i7-4800MQ or even i7-4900MQ)
Hard Drive: SATA 750GB 7200 RPM (3.0 Gb/s) (Considering adding an SSD mSATA 64GB)
Memory: 16GB dual channel DDR3L @ 1600MHz, 2 DIMMs
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5

If you could help me in deciding wether or not to add the stuff I said I'm considering that be amazing!

Anyway do you think I would be able to run Dolphin at an acceptable level? I know some of you may say that I should just buy a desktop, but that's not an option, unfortunately. Also, do you guys think I would be able to run games like Diablo/Skyrim/Starcraft or the like in high settings with this laptop?

Thanks for your help. If I forgot to type something you need to consider, please let me know.
Most games will be playable, others should run perfectly. For the Mario Galaxies you may need to overclock because of DSP LLE engine.
(09-29-2013, 12:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]For the Mario Galaxies you may need to overclock because of DSP LLE engine.

That's somewhat irrelevant since all but a few laptops are capable of overclocking. Though, even with Turbo Boost, this CPU won't run Dolphin fullspeed on the SMG games using LLE audio. It may be acceptable with OpenAL or the VBeam Speed Hack.

EDIT : nvm :p Ignore this edited part right here.
(09-29-2013, 12:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Most games will be playable as long as they aren't too much demanding

(09-29-2013, 12:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]For the Mario Galaxies you may need to overclock because of DSP LLE engine but it isn't recommended with a laptop

I rectified for you
(09-29-2013, 01:49 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2013, 12:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Most games will be playable as long as they aren't too much demanding

(09-29-2013, 12:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]For the Mario Galaxies you may need to overclock because of DSP LLE engine but it isn't recommended with a laptop

I rectified for you
Thanks.

(09-29-2013, 01:47 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2013, 12:22 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]For the Mario Galaxies you may need to overclock because of DSP LLE engine.

That's somewhat irrelevant since all but a few laptops are capable of overclocking. Though, even with Turbo Boost, this CPU won't run Dolphin fullspeed on the SMG games using LLE audio. It may be acceptable with OpenAL or the VBeam Speed Hack.

EDIT : nvm :p Ignore this edited part right here.
Just for curiosity, does N.V.M. means "never mind"? If not, what that means?
Yeah, that's what nvm means. Made a stupid edit the first time, didn't read the first post thoroughly, so just wanted all to disregard it (the part above it is still relevant however).