Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Lite & Dolphin Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dolphin lite would mainly focus on Gamecube and nothing else. Making this would allow a new code that doesn't rely on as much as the current dolphins do.
Dolphin Pro would allow both Wii and Gamecube along with HD resolutions and so on for the higher spec cpu's. but in order to use this you would need to donate to the devs to support the project.

Dolphin Lite -
  • Emulates Gamecube Only
  • Only Uses Native Resolutions
  • No 3D Vision
  • Works on Low end PC's

Dolphin Pro -
  • Emulates Wii, Gamecube, A Hopefully WiiU
  • Allows x4 or Higher the Resolution
  • Allows 3D Vision
  • Works on High end PC's
  • Its Portable

Wii support has nothing to do with increasing spec requirements. You have made lots of incorrect assumptions like that, which is why your idea is not as good as it sounds to you.
(09-25-2013, 09:19 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Wii support has nothing to do with increasing spec requirements. You have made lots of incorrect assumptions like that, which is why your idea is not as good as it sounds to you.
sorry for making assumptions im not a genius i just know that nothing on dolphin works on my cpu like it used to, and it coincidentally started doing bad after wii stuff started
The Wii support came up in 2008 before the first open source release of Dolphin? Were you using Dolphin at the time to say that it "increased requirements"?

Basically, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think we're wrong, prove us wrong by implementing your idea and coming back with a working prototype.
(09-25-2013, 09:38 PM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]The Wii support came up in 2008 before the first open source release of Dolphin? Were you using Dolphin at the time to say that it "increased requirements"?

Basically, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think we're wrong, prove us wrong by implementing your idea and coming back with a working prototype.
I used dolphin when it was just considered a gamecube emulator before the 2.0 realese and it ran faster on some games but that speed has been lost after some time.
But that speed lose has nothing to do with wii support, they made it more accurate and it got slower in the process
(09-25-2013, 10:24 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]But that speed lose has nothing to do with wii support, they made it more accurate and it got slower in the process
yea i get that for the most part the wii and gc are the same from what i know but the specs to use the emu have gone up and now it just doesn't want to run anymore so i feel more than accuracy is being worked on and its killing off allot of the old hardware it used to support in the process the emu still crashes when it prepares to launch a game and iv been told my hardware isn't supported anymore so that was a big kick in the face for me.
Then get new hardware
(09-25-2013, 10:41 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Then get new hardware
dont have the money for new hardware. so im screwed
(09-25-2013, 10:34 PM)Zetchzie Wrote: [ -> ]yea i get that for the most part the wii and gc are the same from what i know but the specs to use the emu have gone up and now it just doesn't want to run anymore so i feel more than accuracy is being worked on and its killing off allot of the old hardware it used to support in the process
Unfortunately for some this is just the cost of moving forward. They can't keep dolphin development in the dark ages just to keep antiquated hardware supported. This is similar to 64 bit versions of windows no longer supporting 16 bit code. Sometimes things have to be let go in order to advance.
Pages: 1 2