Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0 doesn't load 3.5 save states
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way to make 4.0 able to load 3.5 save states?
No.­­
I told you to make a warning about savestates sometimes not working Tongue

Anways, try saving ingame maybe, Memorycard Emulation is there for a reason.
There is a warning when you attempt to load it if you have the on-screen text enabled.
(09-24-2013, 09:20 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]I told you to make a warning about savestates sometimes not working Tongue
This isn't a problem of save states not working.
(09-24-2013, 09:55 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]There is a warning when you attempt to load it if you have the on-screen text enabled.
I don't see that warning. When I load a 3.5 save state using Dolphin 4.0, it crashes. I think I have the on-screen text enabled because when I create a save state, I see the text.
Yes, any save state created prior to 3.5-1409 will simply crash when trying to decompress it. Anything after, or uncompressed save states, will show an error message and abort loading.

edit: save states made prior to that in a 32 bit version may not crash either, i'm not sure.
I used a very recent version of 3.5 (build 24xx) to create a save state but Dolphin 4.0 still crashes. But it doesn't matter. I just wanted to know if there was a method to make it work. Thank you.
I doubt that. Save states haven't been changed since the 3.5-1409. I've just confirmed save state campatibility between that and 4.0-56 is fine.
Have you checked the 32-bit build?
Pages: 1 2