Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ASUS Desktop good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(10-10-2013, 10:50 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2013, 01:25 PM)TheCapitalFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed. In that case, forget getting a pre-built, I'll just get a DIY and wing it I guess. So what if the mobo snaps when I try to install the GPU? So what if the mobo shorts when I try to put it in the case? It's only my first time building a PC (Guys, I might need to buy a warranty for the mobo if I get a DIY build, if it's necessary I mean)...

It'll be hard to break anything as long as you're not being stupid. It's just simple things, such as use decent screwdrivers instead of crappy ones/power drivers. It's like LEGO, except if you accidentally try and put something in the wrong place you'll quickly realise it doesn't fit. There're also loads of walkthroughs and help videos online.
Alright, but is the build good for the job then?
Yes, it is. I'd swap that RAM as recommended and personally I'd use an MSI or Gigabyte board (I'm very partial) and perhaps save some money, but there's nothing wrong with this mobo.
I like ASUS because they give you a 3-year limited warranty with pretty much every product that I've seen by them. Also, would you mind recommending me an 8GB stick of RAM that would be good and around the same price as the other one?

And what in particular would I be saving up more money for?
Wow, I didn't even notice I had given a link to the shopping cart instead of the RAM!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820148661

Grand Total is now $964.36 with the Crucial RAM.
For a single 8GB stick the G Skill isn't really any cheaper (a couple of bucks). The Asus board is a fine choice. I wasn't saying to save for another component, just to reduce the budget overall. If you like the board and warranty, then buy it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8