Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My laptop play games at full speed and my PC not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!
I have an question

My notebook can play some perfomance demanding games nearly perfect and with my Computer i got often Freezes and slowdown
Do you guys know why?

Here my specs from my pc and note book

PC

Processor: Amd Phenom II X6 1090t 3,2ghz
Graphiccard: Ati Radeon 6800 HD
Ram 4GB

Notebook

Processor Intel Core i7 2,2 ghz quad core
Graphiccard: Nvidia Geforce GT 630m
Ram: 6GB

The game i played was: Xenoblade Chronicles and i run it perfectly on my laptop and it has only 2,2ghz
And on my PC i got realy frequently slowdowns

I think the reason is the graphic card but i still want to hear your opinion before i buy a new one and still have the same problem

Sorry for my bad english
and thanks in advance for the anwsers ^^
Your laptop has more RAM amount than your desktop (ta-daa!!Tongue), and Intel processors tend to be faster that AMD processors (ta-da!!Tongue, again); even if the Intel ones have lower clocks than the AMD ones.
RAM amount beyond 512MB-1GB has no impact on dolphins performance. Having extra ram doesn't help an application if that application doesn't need to use it.
(09-24-2013, 11:38 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]RAM amount beyond 512MB-1GB has no impact on dolphins performance. Having extra ram doesn't help an application if that application doesn't need to use it.
It´s the processor, then?
Yes. Entirely.
Yes. Intel processors tends to be faster than AMD ones when comparing single threaded performance...
I think i should buy an intel processor xD

my notebook has 2 graphic card

1. Intel HD graphics 4000
2. Geforce GT 630m

With the Intel HD i got 21-25 FPs and its very laggy

Then i forced Dolphin to use the Nvidia geforce Card via controll panel from nvidia and its works at full speed

Could it be that the Nvidia Cards tend to be faster than Intel and Ati's?

Edit:

And with my laptop i can only play in 720p not in 1080p
to hard to handle for 2,2ghz ^^
(09-24-2013, 07:19 PM)Chian23 Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be that the Nvidia Cards tend to be faster than Intel and Ati's?

It is faster than your intel yes, but you AMD is even faster, so where as your laptop's CPU is faster, its GPU is slower. So you won't be able to use as fancy of graphic with your laptop, but I'd still say it is better
Don't expect 1080p with a GT630/GT635M discrete GPU, anything higher than 2x will cause the GPU to bottleneck the CPU in heavy games. On the other side, light games such as Zelda WW works fullspeed at 3x but it's an exception I think... If you plan on getting a new laptop, get one with at least an GT650M or better if you plan using nVidia...
(09-25-2013, 12:25 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Don't expect 1080p with a GT630/GT635M discrete GPU, anything higher than 2x will cause the GPU to bottleneck the CPU in heavy games. On the other side, light games such as Zelda WW works fullspeed at 3x but it's an exception I think... If you plan on getting a new laptop, get one with at least an GT650M or better if you plan using nVidia...
No i dont want to get a new laptop i want to buy an new PC
Thats why i ask how my Desktop could be slower than my laptop

Or i need a better graphic card or an intel processor or both
Pages: 1 2