Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't update my grafic-drivers successfully...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read a lot of times that having your grafic-drivers up to date is very important.
But every time I try to update the drivers for my Nvidia Geforce 8800 Gt, it fails. Let me explain.
First of all, the installation makes no problems. Everything works fine so far. But the first issue is, that when I try to open the control panel, it sometimes (I tried it a lot of times with different versions of drivers) says that the Controllpanel got a problem and can't be started. Not after every installation, but very often.
Next thing is, that all my games are now totally unstable. I tried it with different games. Oblivion, Gothic 3, etc causes a Bluescreens after 10-15 minutes of playtime, and other strange things. The speed is better anyway, because my current drivers are from 2008 or 2007, don't know exactly, I'm not at home currently.
Okay, as I said, I tried a lot of different driver-versions, and also re-installation and so on. Only the one I'm currently using is working. If I reinstall that one, everything works fine.

So, has anyone got an Idea? Maybe my Graficscard is damaged, don't know. Maybe someone has got a similar issue. I would really like to update my drivers, maybe I would get a few fps more with Dolphin^^

I'm using WinXp32bit, which is running for about 3 years without reinstalling, but I had to let a repairinstallation run over for a few times, maybe it also depends on my Windows. But I would like to hear what you think that I should do. Any solutions? Thanks in Advance.
Download Driver Sweeper 2.0.5 from guru3d.com and install it
Uninstall nvidia drivers via Control Panel and physix too
Reboot
Enter Xp in safe Mode
Launch Driver Sweeper
Tick the cases NVIDIA - Display and NVIDIA - Physx
Push Analyse button... Wait
Push Clean Button
Reboot in Normal Mode
Install New set of drivers ^^190.38 are actual whql drivers

that is the only way I remove my drivers for the past 3 years !
Thanks for the fast reply, I'll try it out when I'm at home.
Ok maybe try this?

Start --> Right click on "My Computer" and choose Properties --> Go to the "Hardware" tab --> Choose "Device Manager" --> select ur graphics card and right click it --> select that you wanna update the drivers and then let windows search for new drivers Wink. I hope this works for ya Big Grin :p!
Thanks too, I think I'll try out this first... less work^^
But if this isn't working, I check yours abfab126.
Np m8
That doesn't sound like a driver issue to me. I'm guessing there are some problems with your gfx card. What heat is it running at? Check your coretemps when it fails. Blue screening is often an indication of hardware issues.
(07-30-2009, 10:07 PM)jasong Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't sound like a driver issue to me. I'm guessing there are some problems with your gfx card. What heat is it running at? Check your coretemps when it fails. Blue screening is often an indication of hardware issues.

Okay, I'll do. But wait, htf should I measure the temperature when it fails? My PC-Case is so over that it cools my CPU in 2 seconds from 33° to 22° when not in use... I quess I'll get such a cool laser-thing that measures the temperature of hardware without using stupid software-tools that hang I can't look at when I have a bluescreen. ^^
But you can be right, I've got a card thats a bit strange. First of all, it uses not a standard-cooler, but a really big golden cooler-thing. I wasn't able to change the fanspeed after all (it always run, and I read some stuff about that, seems that my card has no fancontrolling at all... maybe the new drivers make some bad stuff with the fan or something.

Okay, first, I'll try out the new ways to update my drivers, if I still get Bluescreens, I'll buy a new card... not only for Dolphin, I want to play Crysis with very high settings (in WinXp^^) and FullHD laggless. Big Grin
get Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware http://www.malwarebytes.org/ (totally free)
and/or
Avira http://www.free-av.de/en/trialpay_downlo...virus.html (trial) (turn off active scan.... believe me you'll want to after running it for a few minutes...or just mute your internal speaker in the BIOS)

bluescreens can be caused by viruses and either one of those programs is more effective than any of the commercial software I've ever used (Norton McAfee etc)
Thanks, but I already have Avira (even the commercial version for 40€), and I also have Ashampo Antispyware, as well as Spybot Search and Destroy. But I haven't run a scan with any of them for a long time... I don't want to waste 4-6 hours just with scanning my PC... I've got nearly 500 gb on my 3 drives...

Well, I do have the active scan activeted. I know that the sound is anoying, but it doesn't appear so often.
Pages: 1 2