Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about game-ini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

Dolphin 4.0 is awesome, thanks to all devs!

But I have a little question about the game-ini datas .. So, I have never really used them .. Till 4.0 I created a seperate Dolphin folder for each game I have on my computer (so that I don't have to change the settings every time I play a different game) .. Now that Dolphin uses a global user directory this concept no longer works for me while every folder has always the same settings now .. Could someone explain to me how it works to edit a game-ini so that every game has its own settings? Do I have to copy, sor example, the graphic-settings from the gfx_dx9-data and paste them into the game-ini?

Apart from that I noticed some issues:

When I'm playing in full-screen and I want to show up my icon bar by pressing the windows symbol on my keyboard, it doesn't show up .. And when I stop the emulation in full-screen mode (no matter what backend) the screen keeps black and I have to open the task manager to quit dolphin .. If I press enter when the screen is black Dolphin starts the game again ..
Thanks ExtremeDude2 Smile
Yeah, that's basically how it works. Core settings can be copied from the game ini as is. Video settings are stored in slightly different sections when used in game inis. For example the [Settings] section in the gfx .inis becomes [Video_Settings] when put into a game ini. The code that handles this can be seen here.