Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Where is the .zip for 4.0 release?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dibdib

There needs to be a non installer version linked somewhere on the download page.
The version RachelB linked is the official installer. From what I know, stable releases won't be released as .7z packages anymore due global user directory being supported in Windows now...
Nothing to do with Global User Directory. Simply tired of people complaining here or elsewhere about xinput_3.dll errors, so now we have an installer which automatically installs the required parts of the DirectX runtime.

The only differences between our current installers and the previous .7z: automatic startmenu/desktop shortcuts, support for uninstall, and automatic dx runtime install.
(09-23-2013, 11:23 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]The version RachelB linked is the official installer. From what I know, stable releases won't be released as .7z packages anymore due global user directory being supported in Windows now...
Oh, lol. I didn't even realize. Well, https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/239...7f15a8df2/ is essentially the same thing.
FYI the exe can be opened with 7zip.

You missed the Jun2010_d3dx11_43 and Jun2010_XAudio cabs so you just traded 1 complaint for another. If it was just Xinput you could've linked against xinput9_1_0.dll and tell XP users they're SOL. Smile
Planning to fix that. Didn't notice these because I tested the dxredist installer on XP only.

dibdib

At least the development versions are being distributed in an archive. The fact that it's not using the registry and includes pointless entries for uninstallation only reinforces my objection. Installers for basic software like Dolphin are useless, and it takes more effort to install, copy+paste the files elsewhere, then uninstall the original than it does to extract the files wherever we want.