Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skip BIOS option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the "Skip BIOS" option for and can I boot the original menu from the gamecube?
You can if you have IPL dumps from a real GameCube. Name them as "ipl.bin" and place in the correct folder, depending of the system region. It should be System\GC\USA, System\GC\EUR or System\GC\JAP. After that, uncheck "Skip BIOS" option and then boot an GC game...

Usernane

(09-21-2013, 01:14 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]You can if you have IPL dumps from a real GameCube. Name them as "ipl.bin" and place in the correct folder, depending of the system region. It should be System\GC\USA, System\GC\EUR or System\GC\JAP. After that, uncheck "Skip BIOS" option and then boot an GC game...

But it's greyed out. I can't turn it off.. Huh
(07-23-2017, 02:29 AM)Usernane Wrote: [ -> ]But it's greyed out. I can't turn it off.. Huh

Then you haven't placed an IPL dump in the correct folder.
(07-23-2017, 03:00 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Then you haven't placed an IPL dump in the correct folder.

I have a similar problem, but the button although it is blurred is not activated and I do not have the folder with the country (example Me: Dolphin \ Sys \ GC everyone: Dolphin \ Sys \ GC/ Country, etc.

I put the IPL in case it works but it seems that it does not work in this carpet
The IPL does not go in the sys folder - user provided files go within the user folders.
To open the user folder, start Dolphin and click on File > Open User Folder. You should never add files to the Sys folder.